Saturday, September 25, 2010

Words From The Wise


Katherine Hepburn once told me (via a frequently visited online quote archive) “Life is hard. After all, it kills you.” I think any participant in life is aware of how true this statement is and I think it is important for all of us to be somewhat conscious of its accuracy. However in recent months I have thought of my own life far too often in these terms to be considered healthy. So, while searching for an alternative lens to view the world through (again, by way of my favorite quote website), I found that Marcel Pagnol had the outlook I was looking for. The French filmmaker stated, “The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is and the future less resolved than it will be.”

In an attempt to see the present better than it is, I have decided to start a blog highlighting the extraordinary in the ordinary. After all, doesn’t any experience we have, whether good or bad, contain some element of beauty and humor? I hope that once I start looking, good will start making itself more and more present.

2 comments:

  1. Yay you finally got your blog up! Very deep first posting and can't wait to hear what you'll have to say on the upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. added to the google reader repertoire mona mi

    ReplyDelete